IIT GATE >>
IIT Delhi, the exam conducting authority of GATE 2020, has released the exam dates at gate.iitd.ac.in. This year, the engineering exam is scheduled for February 1, 2, 8 and 9 in two sessions. IIT Delhi will hold the exam in CBT mode. GATE Registration will start from September 3, 2019.
GATE 2020 Admit Card is releasing on 3rd January 2020. It is a national level entrance exam conducted to offer admission into M.Tech and M.Sc programmes in Engineering, Technology and Architecture fields. Also, candidates can get admission into various branches of Ph.D through this exam.
Admission will be provided to the qualified candidates in various NITs, IITs, GFTIs, IISc and other renowned institutions. Using the GATE scores, candidates will also get recruitment in various PSUs for junior engineer. GATE 2020 Mock Test has been released. In this section we have provided complete details related to GATE 2020.
- Last date to fill GATE Application Form is September 24, 2019 in online mode at the official website.
- The Application Fee for general category candidate is INR 1500.
- GATE Result will be announced on March 16, 2020.
- GATE 2020 Exam Dates has been released. It will be conducted on 1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th February 2020.
- Release of Answer Key is February 2020
- Declaration of Results will be on 16th March 2020
- Release of Score Card will be on 20th March 2020 to 31st May 2020
- Starting of Counselling process from 1st week of April 2020
IIT GATE : GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level common entrance exam conducted annually in the computer-based mode for the candidates seeking admissions into PG courses in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics.
GATE 2020 New Changes Introduced
The new changes introduced for GATE 2020 is discussed below:
1. Candidate who registered after May 31, 2013 for certification equivalent to B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch from any of the professional societies (IE, ICE, IETE, AeSI, IIChemE, IIM, IIE, etc) but meets other eligibility criteria, are also eligible to apply for GATE 2020. However, as the matter is subjudice, the eligibility of such candidates is subjected to further orders of the court.
2. The entrance test of GATE 2020 will be organized for 25 papers. A new paper of Bio-medical Engineering (BM) has been added in the syllabus.
3. IIT Delhi will conduct the GATE 2020
Candidates can go through the complete details of GATE 2020 below:
The Application Form of GATE 2020 has been released on 1st September 2019.
Applicants have to register and fill the application form through online portal. The complete application process consist of Online Registration, filling the application form, uploading of documents and paying the application fee.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature & required degree certificates.
Last date to submit the GATE 2020 application form will be till 28th September 2019.
- No need to submit the hard copy of application form to IIT Delhi or any zonal GATE offices.
- Candidates must make sure to go through the complete eligibility criterion and other details online.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must be ready with the documents like qualifying degree certificate, category certificate, PwD certificate (if applicable) for the uploading process.
GATE 2020 Counselling
After GATE 2020 results will be announced, selected candidates have to apply for admission in IITs separately. The Board will not conduct any centralized counselling for the admission of the qualified candidates.
However, for admission in M.Tech/ M.Plan/M.Arch programmes centralized counselling will be held for admission into all NITs and various centrally funded institutions. It will start from the first week of April 2020.
During the GATE counselling process, candidates have to make choice of course and colleges as per their preferences. As per the rank secured in the exam, filled choices, availability of seats and category of candidates, seats will be allocated in various institutions for admission.
The scorecard of GATE 2020 will be valid for three years after the release of results. No candidate will be provided scorecard by offline mode. It can be downloaded from 20 March 2020 to 31st May 2020. Students who will require the soft copy of the scorecard after 31st May 2020 and till 31st December 2020 have to pay a fee of Rs.500 to obtain it.
The Syllabus for GATE 2020 has been released by the board online for various papers. Various topics will be included in the syllabus from the subjects of Engineering Mathematics, General Aptitude and specific subject of the paper.
Complete syllabus for 25 subjects can be checked by the candidates online. Below we have provided the syllabus for various subjects:
- Civil Engineering (CE): Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, etc.
- Statistics (ST): Calculus, Probability, Linear Algebra, Inference, Stochastic Processes, Multivariate Analysis, Design of Experiments & Regression Analysis.
Bio-medical Engineering (BM): Engineering Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Measurements and Control Systems, Analog and Digital Electronics, Sensors and Bioinstrumentation, Measurements and Control Systems, Biomechanics, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Biomaterials, Medical Imaging Systems.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Electronic Devices, Signals and Systems, Digital Circuits, Analog Circuits, etc.
- Chemical Engineering (CH): Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.
- Instrumentation Engineering (IN): Engineering Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Control Systems, etc.
- Petroleum Engineering (PE): Linear Algebra, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Oil and Gas Well Testing, etc.
- Architecture and Planning (AR): Architecture and Design, Construction and Management, Building Materials, Environmental Planning and Design, Building and Structure, etc.
- Mathematics (MA): Linear Algebra, Algebra, Complex Analysis, Functional Analysis, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.